Wednesday, July 18, 2012

patience is a virtue

with all the life experience I have been blessed with, this is by far the most challenging. It is the challenge of resting in the great unknown.

I am not sure what life has in store for me. Only that I have great love and passion for music. When I sing, I can feel my whole being radiate with joy. It is almost as if I am being taken to another world completely. I know other artists feel similarly. It's as if I am tapping into the greatest secret of all time, ridding myself of this illusion for a brief moment. All my worries disappear, because they never really existed in the first place.

This time period of my life has been transformative and fluid. I have spent many hours, by grace alone, in solitude. I have listened to my gut. I have practiced peace. I have pushed away the greatest doubts I have ever known. But all of this has taken tremendous patience. Patience I prayed for. And instead of automatically becoming patient, I was given time to wait.

I used to be the biggest stress ball. I couldn't control my reactions to the simplest hiccups in life. I needed to chill, to say the least. And Yoga has done wonders for my inner peace. But even more so, I have handed over my trust to the unfolding universe.

It is so easy to get so caught up in the every day annoyances and worry about the future. So, to the best of my ability, right now on this crazy unknown journey I have set upon, I release myself into the greatest adventure I have known yet.

2 comments:

  1. Alexa, watching your growth for sooo many years...
    I gotta tell you... Your Love of Music radiates throughout Your True Being... I See this.. I feel this.. I Love this.. You're a Sister of the Eternal Pure Love... Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lex, not only do you internally radiate with joy when you sing, but anyone who can hear you also radiates joy hearing your strong beautiful voice. You were born to sing to the world and so you shall! Keep on pushing that big bolder up the hill and it may take awhile but it will get there if you never give up!!!!xxxxxoooo So very proud that you are my daughter ........ALWAYS!

    ReplyDelete